Prom Dresses & Evening Dresses
This year's prom dresses are designed to be bold, colorful and fun. Every dress tells a story and expresses it's own unique personality. Some 2012 prom dresses are elegant and subtle while others are short and sassy. The first step in choosing your prom dress is to define the fashion image you wish to portray. Are you a girly girl or a tom boy? Are you wanting something short or long? Do you want to be "true to form" or shock everyone with a new "out there" look? This year there is something for everyone at RaeLynn's Boutique!
Prom Dress Trends for 2012
- Ruffles and Sequins – From ruffles to sequin trim, feminine touches are popular in this year's prom lineup. If you want to have a sweet elegant dress look for long gowns with soft pastel colors and flowing fabrics. If you prefer a short gown look for one that has an a-line skirt with layers of light fabric.
- Cocktail Dresses – The short cocktail prom dresses screams "I am here to have fun." This season's cocktail dresses are very short. Be sure to bring the same height of shoes you plan to wear on prom day when trying on dresses. This one simple trick will help you get an overall feel for the true length of the dress. Bright colors and flashy fabrics are hot, hot, hot, this year.
- One Shoulder Dress – The a-symmetrical look of the one shoulder dress is back for 2012. A one shoulder dress sparks interest by combining a touch of skin and a side strap focal point. Confidence is key when choosing a one shouldered ensemble. Great posture and a winning smile go a long way in helping this dress style shine. One shoulder dresses come in both long and short lengths and are popular with a variety of designers.
- Long Strapless Evening Gowns – Classic long, strapless gowns are here to stay. Choose from long, fitted and sleek or full a-line elegance. High slits are popular as is interesting ruched bodices. If worn with heels a long strapless gown can make you appear tall, slim and well poised. Look out boys, "here she comes!"
- Sexy Prom Dresses – Hi-Low (Short in Front, Long In Back) Ruffles, ruffles, ruffles are all the rage. If you can't choose between a long dress and a short one you are in luck. This year's prom dresses offer a Spanish style short in front, long in back, ruffled train option. (think Spanish dancer.) If you like to stand out from the crowd a highly ruffled dress will set you apart from the pack.
- Prints, Prints, Prints – Prints are everywhere this season and many prom dresses offer a twist on the summer sun dress. These dresses are long, comfortable and filled with colorful images. Flowers, tie dye and animal prints fill the dress racks. If you love to "make a statement" find a print that reflects your personal passion.
Prom Dresses & Accessories
This season accessories are a proven must, and RaeLynn's has the stock and selection to match accessories with each and every one of the prom dresses in our store. Our inventory includes jewelry of all kinds: earrings, bracelets, necklace sets, anklets, and more, and our purses, wrist-lets, and clutches can hold all a girl's necessities on her big night. Dance the night away in our new line of shoes, made to additionally compliment our prime selection of gowns.
We Register Your Prom Dresses
RaeLynn's Boutique registers any dress purchased in our store. Specific to event, it is our personal promise not to sell an identical dress to the same event. It is our goal for prom to be your special night to shine!
RaeLynn's also offers the commodity of layaway for those looking early! We require a 50% payment on the day of purchase, and $50 biweekly payments to hold the dress for you! Be sure to ask your Prom Fashion consultant for more information on prom dresses for 2012.