You found your dream dress and want to try it on for everyone, but we want to let you in on a little secret.
We know how excited you are to show all your friends and family your cinderella ball gown, your Hollywood glam dress, or your trendy two piece, but you might think twice after reading this.
Typically during prom season, we see the same 20 dresses tried on over and over again because girls fall in love with the fully beaded bodice. But here's the catch the more you try on a dress, the more likely it is to incur damage.
Dresses with any kind of beading are delicate especially those gowns that have hand sewn beadwork or beading on tulle. These dresses are not meant to experience rough wear and tear and therefore should be stored and handled properly. Here are some tips:
1. Keep your dress stored in one of our waterproof, breathable garment bags.
2. Store the dress away from moisture or pets in your home.
3. Take a picture of yourself in the dress to show friends and family instead of trying it on multiple times.
4. If you need alterations, take your dress to the seamstress in a garment bag.
5. If you store multiple dresses in one garment bag, make sure to separate them with plastic. This can be as simple as putting a grocery sack over the hanger.
Keeping your dress protected is the key to making sure you incur as little damage to it as possible.
Happy Prom Season!
Comments will be approved before showing up.