Top 5 Things to Remember When Buying Your 2013 Prom Dress
Helpful Tips when Buying Your Prom Dress for 2013
Buying a prom dress is an exciting time for girls who have been dreaming about this special occasion since their first day of freshman year. However, it can be a little overwhelming when you really start looking for that perfect dress. What color do I want to wear? Do I want a long dress or a short dress? Strapless or halter-top? All these questions and so many more run through a girls’ mind when she is looking for her prom dress.
Here are 5 helpful hints from us at RaeLynn's Boutique to make the dress searching process a little less stressful.
1) Head to a local retailer who carries designer dresses to see which styles are going to compliment your body best. Especially for first time shoppers, you may find a dress online that you love but when you actually see it on your body it just isn’t a good fit.
2) Try on a variety of colors to see what you like and what flatters your skin tone most. It is important to find a dress that makes you shine, not one that washes you out.
3) If you find a dress that you love and would be devastated if you left the store only to come back and find that it was sold, BUY IT. During prom season, dresses fly off the racks and can be difficult to reorder depending on the designer.
4) Shop early to avoid the last minute stress of not being able to find your dream dress. January is not too early to start and this way, if you do need to order a dress, designers are more likely to have dresses in stock early in the season.
5) NEVER EVER buy online, We've heard too many horror stories
. Many online sites are selling knockoff dresses that you may or may not receive by your event date. Shopping at RaeLynn's or ordering a dress through us that you will have an authentic designers dress you love because you have been able to try it on and purchase it locally.
So head to RaeLynn's Boutique today and start searching for your perfect prom dress! Let the prom season begin!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.