A Sizzling Winter Formal with RaeLynn's
5 Ways to Stay Warm For a Formal Winter Event
It's December and winter formal events are approaching quickly. Temperatures are dropping about as fast as the year is ending.
Follow these five tips to make your winter formalwear weather-friendly, but fashion forward.
- Fabulous Outwear- Fur coats are never going out of style. They are the classiest way to stay warm when attending a formal event in the winter. Even a shawl is better than no coat at all.
- Winter-Ready Shoes- Closed toed shoes are obviously warmer than your silver heels you wore in a wedding this summer. Combat boots and Converse are still a popular fashion trend to wear with formal styles. Use this to your advantage for comfort and warmth.
- Tights are Totally Cool- Fashionable and functional. Tattooed tights add a sort of edgy-classy look to any dress. Colored tights are also a great option to brighten up a darker color. They keep your legs warmer and if your dress is short, tights are a great way to keep from having an embarrassing moment.
- Built-in Ear Muffs- Wait… what? That’s right… With a hairstyle that is down or at least covers your ears, you are guaranteed to be warmer than if your hair is completely up. If you do feel like rocking a sock bun, wear some actual earmuffs while walking around outside.
- Length Matters- The longer the dress, the warmer you will be. Tea length styles are coming back around this year and long formal gowns are totally acceptable for winter formal. The ultimate dress for warmth is a ball gown with multiple layers.
Enjoy walking around the town and going to dinner before your event by following these tips that will keep you hot, hot, hot.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.